Legend has it that in the mid 1800s, young Julia Legare was visiting Edisto Island. She fell ill with diphtheria, and fell into a deep coma. After being pronounced dead, she was buried in her family’s crypt. When her brother passed away 15 years later, her family opened the crypt and found her body pressed against the door, trying to escape – thought for dead, she had been alive all along. Throughout the years, the crypt’s doors would randomly fall open; eventually, even the chained stone would not remain hinged, and the family members gave up and removed the door entirely. Some locals swear that the scratches on the inside of the crypt were made by Julia, desperately trying to escape being buried alive. That’s some scary shit, back then it happened a lot more often then you’d think.
Posted by Carrie Hood
If you like true crime, murder mysteries, vanishing people, unsolved crimes, urban legends, ghost stories, and anything paranormal please follow because this is the site for you! Please submit any stories to me, Enjoy the scare :)
Share the scare!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)