“Win one for the Gipper” is a phrase that refers to the University of Notre Dame ghost George Gipp, a legendary ND football player. His ghost is reputed to haunt Washington Hall ever since he died from strep throat in December 1920. He manifests as night noises and footsteps, slamming doors, the sound of someone on the roof, and the feeling of being shoved. His apparition has been seen as well, sometimes giving a student a friendly pat on the back. Also, warrior ghosts on horseback from the Native American Patawatami tribe are believed to ride up and down the front steps of Columbus Hall, which is rumored to have been built over an ancient burial ground.
Posted by Carrie Hood
If you like true crime, murder mysteries, vanishing people, unsolved crimes, urban legends, ghost stories, and anything paranormal please follow because this is the site for you! Please submit any stories to me, Enjoy the scare :)
Share the scare!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)